Faculty of Social and Political Sciences
The Institute of Social Sciences (ISS) invites applications for the position of Doctoral student
Date of start: 01.12.2013
Duration of contract: 1 year. This contract is renewable for 2 x two years. The maximum possible duration is thus 5 years.
Employment rate: 100%
Workplace: Lausanne, Géopolis
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences or Demography
- Fluency in French and English
- Good knowledge of quantitative and/or qualitative social science data analysis methods
- Basic knowledge of life course theory and/or demography would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 50% of working time will be spent on the preparation of a doctoral thesis in demography or sociology of the life course
- A maximum of 50% of working time will be spent assisting with teaching or research tasks (teaching activities under the supervision of a senior academic, contribution to joint research projects, technical or administrative tasks that pertain the department’s teaching or research activities).
- The doctoral student will be a member of the Swiss National Center for Competence in Research LIVES (www.lives-nccr.ch). S/he will have the opportunity to follow the Modules of the doctoral program associated with this programme.
Application to include:
A cover letter, curriculum vitae, copy of qualifications, example of previous research activities (MA dissertation, seminar paper or any other scientific publication), a short outline (1-2 pages) of the proposed doctoral research project.
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please contact email@example.com
Deadline for applications: October 30th 2013